A Journey of Strength and Serenity
STUDY A POWERFULLY DISTINCT MARTIAL ART AT QUAD CITIES AIKIDO
“Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win.” – Morihei Ueshiba, founder of Aikido
The Japanese word Aikido is comprised of three smaller parts:
- ai, which stands for harmony / balance
- ki, which stands for energy / life, and
- do, which stands for way / path.
When the three are brought together to form Aikido, you have a good description of the philosophy behind this unique martial art – the way of harmonizing energy.
In Aikido, everything and every person in the world is connected through energy. In a fight, an Aikido practitioner always seeks the path of defensive redirection, wherein they as well as their attacker are protected from serious bodily injury. Aikido is an art form and a “long term path” that is not about hurting or “winning,” but rather resolving conflict.
Study at Quad Cities Aikido to:
- Discover why Aikido’s defensive techniques allow you to defend against even larger, stronger attackers
- Become equipped to protect yourself and others both on and off the mat
- Grow in confidence and inner peace as you develop your skill
Begin your journey toward strength and serenity. Contact Quad Cities Aikido today!